Let’s face it…most brewers are men. While there are some highly-regarded female brewmasters working today (like Carol Stoudt of Stoudt’s Brewing), the industry is still unfortunately dominated by the unfairer sex. On the plus side, the preponderance of male brewers has led to some pretty sweet beer labels over the years.
Let’s take a look at 10 of the most titillating labels out there. As always, please let us know which ones we missed in the comments (please?!):
10. Southern Star Bombshell Blonde: Lots of brews use 50’s era bombshell pictures for their beer labels, but this is my favorite. Something about the way she’s riding that missile…
9. Clown Shoes Brown Angel: Clown Shoes took a little heat for this one, but I can’t complain. See how long it takes you to notice that she has wings…
8. Ska True Blonde/True Blonde Dubbel: Couldn’t decide which one was better so I just included ’em both. That’s one lucky moped.
7. Midnight Sun Panty Peeler: Makes the list for the name alone.
6. Cantillon Rosé de Gambrinus: A phenomenal Belgian lambic with a label to match. Yes, that’s a buck-naked woman on that knight’s lap. Good for him.
5. Atwater Dirty Blonde/Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu: Two sides to the same coin…an American blonde and a sultry Asian flashing tramp stamps. Lovely.
4. Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp: Just in case you missed the tattoos on the Atwater and Dogfish Head girls above, Clown Shoes went ahead and named a beer after that enticing ink.
3. Middle Ages Double Wench: Middle Ages actually makes a less potent version of this brew called the Wailing Wench. But the Double Wench is a bit more, shall we say, pneumatic.
2. Upright Four Play: I’ll be honest, it really doesn’t get much better than the Four Play…
1. Upright 2nd Anniversary Four Play: Unless it’s the 2nd Anniversary Four Play. Sweet.